Supplement of the Month April
This month we are featuring our Inflammation Relief Tincture!
On the surface of the body, inflammation is characterized by redness, heat, swelling and pain. It is the foundation of the body’s healing response, and is crucial for bringing more nourishment and more immune activity to a site of injury or infection. But when inflammation persists or serves no purpose, it damages the body and causes illness.
There are lots of reasons for this inflammatory response: stress, lack of exercise, genetic predisposition, and exposure to toxins. Dietary choices play a big role as well.
This potent tincture is a sophisticated blend of Chinese and Ayurvedic herbs that not only address the patterns identified in these ancient systems that we now correlate with a physiological state of inflammation, but which have also been shown through modern research to possess anti-inflammatory properties.
Some of these powerful herbs are:
- Myrrh & Frankincense – these valuable resins have been treasured for ages for their wonderful fragrances and medicinal properties. Research shows they are effective at reducing inflammation.
- Turmeric – this yellow spice has been shown to contain several compounds with potent anti-inflammatory properties. On its own, these compounds are poorly absorbed. When combined in our formula with another Indian spice, known as pippali, absorption is greatly improved.
- Rosemary – a natural source of camphor, traditionally used as a circulation enhancer, and now understood to possess anti-inflammatory properties.
- Honeysuckle– a valued herb for alleviating viral and bacterial infections and inflammation. Since much inflammation is potentially due to underlying low grade infections, anti-viral herbs can be a valuable adjunct in controlling inflammation.
- Coptis root– this Chinese herb has long been treasured as an anti-infective agent; modern research shows it is also a potent anti-inflammatory herb.
It’s easy to use – just take 2 to 3 droppers in water or straight up, 2 to 3 times a day or as needed.
Product of the Month
This month we are featuring our Relax Exfoliating Soap!
Exfoliating is one of the keys to caring for our skin. It removes dead cells and thin layers of skin that are growing over ingrown hairs, unclogs pores, and increases circulation. It makes our skin radiant and our bodies more energized.
We’ve crafted this spa bar to exfoliate like a boss, and also feed the skin with restorative emollients. Your skin will be soft, clean, and lusterous.
We use a single large slice of loofah (which is a fibrous vegetable in the cucumber family) in each bar for the brisk scrubbing or “skin brushing” experience. No little bits to dirty your bathtub or clog the drain. Then we add extra virgin olive oil and rich, buttery coconut oil to restore moisture to skin as the top layer of dead cells is cleared away. Meanwhile our signature essential oil blend imparts a delightful aromatherapy experience.
In our signature Relax scent, this soap emits the beautiful and soothing fragrances of lavender, lime, and ylang ylang.